BLO-KARTING WITH TURFNSURF
Blo-Karting is an exciting and fast land based activity which is ideal for the long sandy beaches of Bundoran. Blo-karting is a form of land sailing using high tech land yachts which are easy to use.
Can anyone go Blo-Karting?
Most people can go Blo-karting! The Blo-kart is designed in such a way that it is easy to use and you will be speeding along the beach in a matter of minutes.
Blo-karting sessions are conducted with a qualified instructor who will take you through the steps for learning how to sail the kart. You will wear a helmet at all times and our instructors will always keep you safe, tailoring lessons to the various participants’ abilities.
- Gather at the lodge & meet your instructor
- Transport from the Lodge to the beach in 4X4 Land Rover
- On the beach we go through the main points of Blo-karting (land sailing) – controlling your kart, turning and stopping; this is known as the land-drill (about 15 mins)
- Blo-karting circuits building up to a race between participants (about 1.5 hours).
- Back to the Lodge
- Change into your clothes in our changing rooms
- Tea, Coffee & biscuits back in the dining room at the Lodge
Where do we go Blo-karting?
Our Blo-karting lessons mostly take place on Tullan Strand Beach which is located about 2.5km from the Lodge.
What do I need to bring?
We provide all equipment for your activities – for Blo-karting you will be provided with a well maintained Blo-kart and safety helmet. You will need a pair of leggings or tracksuit pants, a warm coat or hoodie and trainers for Blo-Karting (land sailing).
TurfnSurf is a fully insured Blo-karting activity provider. We are fully approved under the British Land Sailing Association (BLSA). Our instructors hold BLSA qualifications. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard lessons; choosing the safest locations for all activities.
What about the weather?
Blo-karting like all our activities is weather dependent. We need wind coming in the correct direction. Lessons may be cancelled if there is insufficient wind or the wind is too strong. We will make this decision on the morning of each activity. We endeavour to always provide the activity but we may cancel because of weather conditions. This is for your safety and to ensure you enjoy your activity.