Child (16 & under): €25.00
Click Available Dates
Can anyone learn to surf?
Bundoran is the surf capital of Ireland so where else to learn how to ride a wave in the Atlantic Ocean. Experience the great outdoors, get into the sea but most importantly you'll have great fun and meet great people.
Most people can learn to surf. You do not need to be an expert in water. You just need to have a sense of adventure and enjoy being in the water. You can learn to surf if you have basic fitness and swimming ability.
Surf lessons take place in a safe environment with experienced and trained instructors. Our instructors will always keep you safe in the water and tailor the lesson to the participants’ abilities.
What do I need to bring?
All equipment for your activity is provided and tailored to the weather conditions – surfboards (soft boards for beginners), wetsuits, gloves, boots and hoods. All you need to bring is a towel and a swimsuit.
What happens on the day?
- Gather at The Lodge & meet your instructor(s)
- They’ll size you for wetsuits & other equipment
- You can then change in changing rooms at the Lodge
- Transport from the Lodge to the beach in one of our 4X4 Land Rover
- On the beach your instructor(s) will do a land drill. This means going through the main points of surfing (about 15 mins)
- Next into the water for about 1.5 to 2 hours learning to surf with hands on tuition from your instructor(s)
- Ratio of students to instructor is 8 to 1
- Out of the water, into the Land Rovers and then back to the Lodge
- Change out of your wetsuit in our changing rooms at the Lodge
- Tea, coffee & biscuits back in the dining room at the Lodge
We are an Irish Surfing Association (ISA) accredited surf school. All our instructors are also qualified under the ISA. Killian O’Kelly is the proprietor of TurfnSurf Surf School. He grew up in Bundoran and has surfed since the age of 16 years old. He has years of surfing and life guarding experience both in the local area and overseas. TurfnSurf is a fully insured surf school. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard surf lessons; choosing the safest locations for all lessons.
What about the weather?
Surfing like all our activities is weather dependent. Lessons may be cancelled if conditions are considered dangerous by our instructors and/or Killian. We will make this decision on the morning of each activity. We endeavour to always provide the activity but we may cancel because of weather conditions. This is for your safety and to ensure you enjoy your activity.