Child (16 & under): €25.00
Click Available Dates
SUP WITH TURFNSURF
Learn to do Stand-up Paddle-Boarding known as SUP with TurfnSurf in Bundoran, the Surf Capital of Ireland. Bundoran is located directly Donegal Bay and an excellent place to go do some SUP. Paddle out onto the great Atlantic Ocean and feel the freedom of “walking on water”.
Where do SUP sessions take place?
We launch our SUP trips from the Boat Quay in Bundoran, 400m from the Lodge.
The direction of the paddle depends on sea conditions, weather and the ability of the group.
Usually, we stay within Bundoran Bay, exploring sea cliffs, caves and keeping our eyes out for sea birds and dolphins.
What do I need to bring?
All equipment for your activity is provided and tailored to the weather conditions – SUP boards, wetsuits, gloves, boots and hoods. All you need to bring is a towel and a swimsuit.
What happens on the day?
- Gather at the lodge & meet your instructor(s)
- They’ll size you for wetsuits & other equipment
- You can then change in changing rooms at the Lodge
- We will then transport you from the Lodge to the Boat Quay either on foot or in our 4X4 Land Rovers
- On the Boat Quay we go through the main points of SUP - paddling technique and safety - this is known as the land-drill (about 15 mins)
- Your instructor will then help you launch from the pier.
- Next into the water for about 1.5 to 2 hours learning to SUP. Once you get confident with the techniques your instructor will bring you on a paddle a bit further from the Boat Quay.
- Ratio of students to instructor is 8 to 1
- Next you will be out of the water and back to the Lodge
- Change into your clothes in our changing rooms
- Tea, Coffee & biscuits back in the dining room at the Lodge
TurfnSurf is an Irish Surfing Association (ISA) accredited surf school. All our instructors are also qualified under the ISA and are experienced in the water holding beach lifeguards qualifications.
Killian O’Kelly is the proprietor of TurfnSurf Surf School. He grew up in Bundoran and has surfed since the age of 16 years old. He has years of surfing and life guarding experience both in the local area and overseas.
TurfnSurf is a fully insured surf school. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard surf lessons; choosing the safest locations for all lessons.
What about the weather?
SUP generally needs calm water conditions. Where we conduct the lessons is generally calm water. We will advise you if the conditions are suitable.
However, there are times when we cannot go SUP-ing. Lessons may be cancelled if conditions are considered dangerous by our instructors and/or Killian.
We will make this decision on the morning of each activity. We endeavour to always provide the activity but we may cancel because of weather conditions. This is for your safety and to ensure you enjoy your activity.