Slieve League Special 27-29th July
Click Available Dates
Stunning Slieve League Hike - More Exploring - More Fun
Friday 27th to Sunday 29th July 2018
For this Slieve League Special Weekend you get the best of both worlds. Combine the exhilaration of surfing, with exhilaration of exploring. From the highest sea cliffs in Europe, to some of the best surfing beaches. Make the most of your weekend, with beautiful scenery and epic adventures from start to finish.
Get off the beaten track this weekend and have a party on the way. We will bring you from Dublin direct to Ireland’s beautiful north-west coast.
Explore the epic coastline by hiking The Pilgrims Path along the spectacular Slieve League. Experience the real Irish pub, as we take you on a pub crawl that evening. Then a short scenic drive to Bundoran on Sunday morning for a quick splash in the Atlantic Ocean with some surfing.
You will be staying at Malin Beg Hostel which is five minutes walk from the popular Silver Strand beach and the Ougue fishing port, in county Donegal. Newly completed, it provides modern facilities and clean, comfortable budget accommodation. The hostel is comprised of private, dormitory, en-suite and family rooms, all finished to a very high standard. Luxury accommodation at hostel prices.
Our tour groups are always small (max. 16 people) and we pride ourselves in providing you a personal service in a safe and secure environment. All of our staff live locally, know the area well and will be able to help you with any of your queries. All our activities are fully accredited by the various governing bodies; we are a fully insured and accredited activity and bus tour provider.
Departure: Leaves Dublin on 27th July
Pick up/Drop off point: Cardiff Lane, Dublin 1 (between The Clayton Hotel and the Bord Gais Energy Theatre)
- Return Bus transport direct from Dublin City Centre
- Off the beaten track adventure
- A different experience of Ireland
- Great value and affordable bus tour to suit anyone up for an exciting adventure
- Real Irish Pub experience
- Small group numbers and personal service
- 2 nights hostel accommodation including breakfast each morning
- All equipment and transfers for activities is included.
- All taxes and entry fees included.
Note: your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking.
What do I need to bring?
We provide all equipment for your surf. You just need to bring a good pair of walking shoes, waterproofs / change of clothes for after the hike, swim suit for wearing under your wetsuit for surfing. And don't forget your towel!
Remember be sure to bring a sense of fun & adventure too!
Can anyone do the activities?
You do not need to be an extreme sports person to try our activities. The activities are suitable for most people from ages 7 to 70 years old. You will just need a very basic level of fitness. For surfing it is best if you are comfortable in the water and have a very basic swimming ability. Our instructors are very experienced and all activities are conducted in a safe environment. If you have any concerns please email or call us and we can answer specific queries.
Travel from Dublin to Malin Beg. Check into accommodation. Relax and get to know the rest of the group in the common room – free time.
Breakfast provided in the Hostel. The Pilgrims Path hike of Slieve League. Lunch. Afternoon of free time to explore the beautiful Silver Strands beach, maybe have a swim. Saturday evening the real Irish Pub experience.
Breakfast provided in the Hostel. Depart for Bundoran, where you will have your surf. Time for a quick lunch, then on the 3pm bus back to Dublin.
Find out more about specific aspects of your tour in our How it Works section.
Bus direct from Dublin City Centre on Friday returning Sunday evening.
- Experience Slieve League - the highest sea cliffs in Europe
- Explore the Atlantic Ocean, sea cliffs, mountains and golden sandy beaches of Ireland’s beautiful north-west coast.
- Great value and affordable way to explore Ireland’s west coast.
- A session surfing in Bundoran, the surf capital of Ireland
- Stay in clean, comfortable hostel accommodation in the remote and beautiful Malin Beg
- We’ll take you to experience a real rural Irish Pub
- Travel in a small group & become the best of friends by the end of day one!