SEA KAYAKING WITH TURFNSURF
Bundoran is situated on a sheltered part of Donegal Bay and an excellent place to launch a sea kayak from and explore the coastline.
Can anyone go sea kayaking?
Most people can go sea kayaking! You do not need to be an expert in water – in fact you will not be in the water at all. Sea Kayaking is perfect if you want to take in the wild life and scenery in a relaxed way. You will just need a basic level of fitness and a sense of adventure.
Sea Kayak trips are conducted with a qualified leader. You wear a life jacket at all times and we never stray too far from the coast. Our instructors will always keep you safe and tailor the lesson to the various participants’ abilities.
- Gather at the lodge & meet your instructor
- Sizing for wetsuits. Change in changing rooms at the Lodge
- Transport from the Lodge to the Boat Quay in our 4X4 Land Rover
- On the Boat Quay we go through the main points of sea kayaking, paddling technique and safety, this is known as the land-drill (about 15 mins)
- Sea Kayaking trip on the water for about 1.5 hours exploring caves, cliffs and hopefully spotting a dolphin!
- Out of the water and back to the Lodge
- Change into your clothes in our changing rooms
- Tea, Coffee & biscuits back in the dining room at the Lodge
Where do we go sea kayaking?
Our sea kayaking trips launch from the Boat Quay in Bundoran, 400m from the Lodge. The direction of the tour depends on sea conditions, weather and the ability of the group. In general, we stay within Bundoran, exploring sea cliffs, caves and keeping our eyes out for sea birds and dolphins.
What do I need to bring?
We provide all equipment for your activities – sea kayaks, wetsuits and life vests are all provided. You just need to bring a swim suit for wearing under your wetsuit. We have sit on top kayaks and sit-in kayaks. You might also want to bring a towel so you can keep the one you get in the hostel clean for your shower later on.
TurfnSurf is a fully insured sea kayaking activity provider. Our instructors hold a sea kayaking qualification. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard surf lessons; choosing the safest locations for all activities.
What about the weather?
Sea Kayaking like all our activities is weather dependent. Lessons may be cancelled if conditions are considered dangerous by our instructors and/or Killian. We will make this decision on the morning of each activity. We endeavour to always provide the activity but we may cancel because of weather conditions. This is for your safety and to ensure you enjoy your activity.