Terms & Conditions
Once TurfnSurf Tours confirms your booking a contract is made between TurfnSurf Tours and you upon the terms and conditions set out below. TurfnSurf Tours hereinafter referred to as ‘we’, will only confirm your booking once we have received full payment for your tour.
- Once full payment is made you will be allocated a place/places on the particular tour and a confirmation emailed to you. This is your confirmation of booking. This should be printed and saved for own reference.
- Once you begin your tour, you accept and abide by these terms and conditions.
- We accept no responsibility for incorrect email or inability to deliver email. If your confirmation does not arrive on time or at all, then you must ask us to resend the email confirmation of the tours you have paid for.
- All internet bookings will be confirmed by email.
- We reserve the right to sell any places reserved without full payment or a deposit.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of their travel documents.
- The Wild Ireland Tour is subject to a minimum number of bookings. If the minimum number of bookings is not reached we will have to cancel the tour. We will give 2 weeks notice of such a cancellation.
- There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of the ticket.
- We take no responsibility for any injuries or loss to you incurred whilst you are taking part in any activities that are outside our all inclusive package. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel. You may not be accepted as a TurfnSurf Tours passenger unless you have arranged satisfactory insurance.
- We accept no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage from at any time during the duration of your tour.
- Cancellation of your booking must be in writing or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to TurfnSurf Tours.
- When written confirmation of your cancellation is received you are entitled to the following: cancellation 4 weeks or more from the date of tour departure allows a 100% refund, cancellation within 2 weeks of tour departure date allows a 50% refund, cancellation within 1 week of your departure date allows 25% refund. Cancellations less than 1 week from your tour departure date results in nil refund.
- If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
- Tours already booked cannot be cancelled and rebooked where special offers are made available. This applies to all trade shows and any other special offers that may be available.
- Any refund which has been agreed with the management of TurfnSurf Tours can be refunded by bank transfer or refund to credit card to the person who booked the tour.
- Changes by us
- We reserve the right to change our typical itineraries at any time and at our discretion. As professionals we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value.
- We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of TurfnSurf Tours. This includes outbreaks of ‘foot and mouth’ or other contagious diseases, revolution, national or local strikes and/or protests, social disorder, political unrest.
- We reserve the right to change the price of our tours at any time.
- We may in extenuating circumstances return you to Dublin using a third party travel provider. This will not be an expense to you the customer.
- Potential passengers are asked to appreciate that we cannot guarantee the vehicle you travel in will be decorated with TurfnSurf livery.
- We reserve the right to launch amended brochures in the public domain at any time.
- You must obey the laws of the Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the European Union, whilst travelling on our Southern and Northern routes. We would ask you to show respect to the many diverse customs that exist in Ireland and also foreign exchange restrictions. If you do not do so, you may be asked to surrender your ticket, which may be cancelled without any refund. It is our representative who will decide to cancel your pass or not and their decision will be final.
- Your appointed TurfnSurf Tour Guide may need to make a decision in the interests of safety. It is a condition of bookings that you comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed representative of TurfnSurf Tours. If you do not comply with the said representative and are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of members of the tour, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to continue the tour. In such a case we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. We cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
- It is your responsibility to meet your tour at arranged points. Because of the nature of the service, TurfnSurf Tours will not be liable if any service leaves or arrives later than its specified time, even if as a result you miss a connecting service. TurfnSurf Tours will endeavour to ensure that departure and arrival times are met.
Pick up points
- All of our tours depart from Isaacs Hostel at Frenchman’s Lane Dublin 1. It is your responsibility to meet your tour.
- Pick up times are approximate and dependent upon Dublin traffic.
- Your obligations and responsibilities
- TurfnSurf Tours are aimed at visitors to Ireland who are 18 years and over with the style and operation specifically designed for independent travellers. This fact should be recognised when you book a TurfnSurf tour.
- You must inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences.
- It is your responsibility to have all necessary visas, passports, permits and certificates required for your selected itinerary as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
- During your tour your tour guide may take photographs and films of you (as part of a group) while you are a passenger and these may be used in our Group brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid at the time direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions.
- You are obliged to respect the right of residents living close to our Hostel and other hostels used by us during your tour, to live free from noise, vandalism or any other source of annoyance. Especially at night time. Any tour member who contravenes this policy will be reported to the local police/Gardai Siochanna.
- The Irish way of life is one of enjoying life, relishing and respecting other people’s company. We would ask you come to our tour with a positive frame of mind, ready to enjoy your adventure with us. At all times you must show courtesy and respect to your driver/guide and more importantly the other Tour members. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the tour at the management’s discretion.
- In the event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against TurfnSurf Tours. Please inform the TurfnSurf Driver /Representative at the time. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately or during your trip after the Driver/ Representative’s best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to TurfnSurf Tours as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday, but within 30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. TurfnSurf Tours will not consider any claims after the 30-day period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
- Weather Conditions
- Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for weather conditions. If a tour is cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions our standard conditions regarding changes and refunds apply. We accept no responsibility for weather conditions that may affect the delivery and implementation of our itinerary.
- All of our activities rely on certain weather conditions. We may at times cancel an activity because the weather conditions are not suitable. This is for your safety. We cannot predict what the weather will be like or if all of our activities will be available to you. We will endeavour to find you a replacement activity. We do not accept any responsibility for changes to activities because of weather conditions and safety concerns.
No Smoking Policy
- We do not permit smoking on any of our vehicles or in our hostel premises.
All information and data, personal or otherwise, received by us will be kept private and confidential and in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Click here to view your rights in plain English on the Data Protection website.
- The booking conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between you and TurfnSurf Tours. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised officer of TurfnSurf Tours.
- This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by Irish law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your holiday will be dealt with by the Courts of the Republic of Ireland only. Changes to these Booking Conditions will only be valid if agreed by TurfnSurf Tours in writing.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our brochures and other printed material at time of going to print, however TurfnSurf Tours cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
TurfnSurf Tours are operated by:
6 Bayview Terrace
Tel: 071 9841091
(Please read carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. Once you begin your tour, by default you accept these terms and conditions.)