Our Cultural & Heritage Mini-Tour
We offer a mini cultural and heritage tour with our Paddle, Reef and Peak Tours – it is also offered with all our specials. The mini-tour is a great way to really get to know the local area, have fun and find out a little bit about Irish history and culture. It is included in the price of these tours and there is no extra cost.
The mini-tour takes up an afternoon and visits some of the north-west coast’s most picturesque locations, includes historical sights and information and concludes at the Donegal Brewing Company – the North West’s award-winning craft beer makers.
What’s Included In The Mini-Tour?
- Travel along Ireland’s north-west surf coast including counties Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo.
- Visit Mullaghmore headland home of some of the biggest waves ever surfed in Ireland.
- View Classie Bawn Castle silhouetted on the headland and find out about its troubled political history.
- Walk along the foot of the iconic mountain peak of Benbulben on a forest walk.
- Take panoramic photos of the coastline or the vertical slopes of Benbulben from the forest walk.
- Find out how craft Irish beer is made on your tour of the Donegal Brewing Company in Ballyshannon.
- Taste test beers produced by the Donegal Brewing Company.
- Have a free pint of beer at the end of your Donegal Brewing Company tour.
- Relax in the warm and welcoming atmosphere of Dicey Reilly’s Bar after your beer tour.
- Return home to TurfnSurf Lodge by bus.